Hi there, I’m Gabe! I’m a Technical Product Manager for HCX at VMware (where I’ve spent the last 6 years and change). Thank you the blog visit. Some tidbits about me:
- My wife and I are the proud parents of a half dozen little ones!
- I’m endurance sports enthusiast. I’ve run a full marathon and countless half marathons and smaller races. I run my races with a kidrunner stroller, and precious cargo as a copilot whenever the venue allows it.
I love OCR. I completed my first trifecta in 2018, two more in 2019, along with a Hurricane Heat (4HR) and a Spartan Ultra (50kilometers w/70+ obstacles)
You can find some details on LinkedIn.. but since you’re reading, here are some highlights:
- I enlisted in the US Navy from 2001 to 2006. Completed one tour of duty. Spent most of it overseas!
- After the Navy enlistment, I worked as a Systems Admin (and part time at a country club providing service). I fell in love with technology, ditched the country club work, and went all in. Back then I learned Windows Server, Cisco Networking, service provider monitoring technologies.
- I worked a contract for a large bank. Fixing problems 12hrs a day, 5-6 days a week.
- Worked with VCE (now Dell EMC), they hired me on as the first “vPlatform Support Engineer” with a network focus at their HQ in Richardson, supporting the infamous VBLOCK.
- I joined VMware in 2012. Initially to help build and support the first VMware cloud (the now defunct vCloud Air). I transitioned into an amazing product group full of folks who I consider my friends and extended family, working on what is now HCX.
- It’s almost 2020 and I’m still here! Until the team grows, I’m the Technical Product Manager for HCX.