Initial Availability of vmware HCX+
IA April 25, 2023
What’s New in HCX 4.6
GA Feb 17, 2023 | EoGS Feb 17 2024
- Migration Retry
- HCX for IPv6
- HCX for NSX 4.1
- Workload Mobility for NSX V2T (Migration Coordinator) – Inter-vCenter Server
What’s New in HCX 4.5.1 (HCX for VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud)
GA Nov 22, 2022 | EoGS Nov 22, 2022
- HCX for Govcloud runs feature versions equivalent to to 4.5 commercial
What’s New in HCX 4.5
GA Oct 13, 2022 | EoGS Oct 12 2023
- Workload Mobility for NSX V2T (Migration Coordinator) – Single vCenter Server
- HCX for vSphere 8.0 (NSX 220.127.116.11)
- MON for MultiNIC Workloads
- Seed Checkpoint for Replication-Assisted vMotion
- Migration Concurrency Maximums Increased
What’s New in HCX 4.4.1 (MAINTENANCE) & 4.3.9 (HCX FOR VMC-GOVCLOUD)
- HCX 4.4.1 is a significant stabilization for the 4.4 platform and feature set.
- HCX 4.3.9 is a FedRamp-High certified release for VMC-GovCloud deployments.
What’s New in HCX 4.4
GA July 15, 2022 | EoGS July 15 2022
- Transport Analytics
- HCX on Photon OS
- HCX on HBR 8.4
- HCX on HW v10
- MON with FHRP
- Upgrade Snapshots
- AWS New Regions / M19
What’s New in HCX 4.3.3 (Maintenance)
- 4.3.0 is unsupported, upgrade to 4.3.3
- Platform Stabilization fixes.
- Mobility Optimized Networking update to Configmax.
- PowerCLI 12.6 recommended when using HCX.
- EA definition is updated.
- Upgrade tips.
What’s New in HCX 4.3.2 (Maintenance)
- Fixes for NE, HA
- Fixes for Bulk Migration
- Fixes for OSAM
- Fixes for MON
What’s New in HCX 4.3.1 (Maintenance)
- Platform fixes for general stability.
- The 4.3.0 release is redacted from publishing systems.
- Improvements to the System Updates related systems.
- Reached End of Support for 4.0 (mentioned – not strictly aligned with this release)
What’s New in HCX 4.3.0
- Network Extension High Availability (Early Adoption)
- OS Update for OSAM (+RHEL/CentOS 8.X & Windows Server 2019
- Interoperability with NSX-T 3.2.
- Resolved critical Log4J vulnerabilities.
- Enabling Network Extension High Availability in HCX 4.3 Demo
What’s New in HCX 4.2.2 (Maintenance)
- Security Package updates.
- Bugfix: Guest Customization update for Guest OS Type “windows2019srv_64Guest”.
- Bugfix: Resolved NSX inventory issue.
What’s New in HCX 4.2.1. (Maintenance)
- Primarily a Maintenance release with bugfixes.
- Interoperability with vSphere 7.0 Update 3
What’s New in HCX 4.2 Part II
- HCX for VMware Cloud Director (VCD) with NSX-T
- Global GA for HCX Enterprise (all features everywhere)
- HCX Enterprise for VMC/Dell-EMC
What’s New in HCX 4.2 Part I
- Real-time Estimates for vMotion
- Real-time Estimates for RAV
- Predictive Estimations for RAV Migrations.
- Custom Attribute Migration with Bulk, RAV and Cold.
What’s New in HCX 4.1 Part II – Seed Checkpoint for HCX Bulk Migration
What’s New in HCX 4.1 Part I – GA for Mobility Optimized Networking
- Interoperability with vSphere 7.0 Update 2
- Interoperability with Hardware Version 18/19 for Mobility Agent (HCX vMo/RAV) migrations.
- Predictive Estimations for Bulk Migration.
- OSAM for RHEL 7.9 and CentOS 7.9.
- RAV for legacy NSXv vCloud Director Deployments
- RAV migration with VMDKs larger than 2TB into VSAN.
- Enhanced Events for Bulk, HCX vMotion, Cold and RAV migrations.
- Management Pack 5.2 for vRealize Operations Manager 8.2 – 8.5.
- Inclusive terminology update.
- Custom Attribute Migration for HCX vMotion
HCX 4.0 is Generally Available!
- In-Service Upgrade & Redeploy for Network Extension
- Enhanced Appliance Details (Packets/Throughput/VM MAC Address info)
- Migration Real Time Estimates for Bulk Migration
- Migration Event Details
- Migrate NSX Security Tags
- Custom Attributes migration for vMotion
- Semantic Versioning (Major/Minor/Maintenance) model adopted
- Increased Product Maximums
- Max Total appliances 192
- Max NE appliances 128
- Max Service Mesh 64
- OSAM Scale out to 200 across
What’s New – HCX Highlights for Q3 (R141 – R146)
What’s New – May 20th (R140)
What’s New – April 14th (R139)
What’s New – March 30th (R138)
What’s New – Mar 14th (R137)
What’s New – Feb 29th (R136)
What’s New – Feb 18th (R135)
What’s New – Jan 31st (R134)
What’s New – Jan 18th (R133)
What’s New – Dec 13th – Mobility Groups (R132a)
What’s New – Dec 13th – Cloud to Cloud (R132)
What’s New – Nov 17th & 29th (R130 – R131)
What’s New – Nov 1st (R129)
What’s New – Mid Sept – Oct 20th (R126 – R128)
What’s New – Aug 30th (R125)
What’s New – Aug 7th (R124)
What’s New – Jun July (R121 – R123)
What’s New – Jun 3rd (R120)